Wednesday, August 29, 2007
I simply cant believe with what i've experience today.
Singapore Goods and Service Tax (GST) had just rise from 5% to 7% in July and after which, we have all seen the immediate effect on our daily necessity. Or rather... Alot of our favourite food have had their price increase by the owners citing the most common excuse - "Due to rise in GST.." or "Due to recent hike in.......". haiz..
At first,
Some of our famous FastFood made the first move by increasing their price. This includes our KFC, Burger King, Subway (increase the most.. from what i have.. ). And due to the lose in customers (I assume - due to the fact that i've been visting at a less frequent rate these days.) you have seen all kinds of stunts that they have come up with to gain back the customers stomach. I guess, theres nothing more that we can complaint as we as the consumers only stand to gain at this stage ? Just gotta say, i love the Subway's Free Upgrade to Meal promotion.
Was at Toa Payoh just now and BingHe suggested that we head for normal coffeeshops rather then the fastfood resturants. Saw 328 Laksa and we decided to have our dinner there... To our surprise, from god-knows when, there was a price increse of 50c. I just cant believe that.. A 2% rise in GST but my favourite bowl of laksa had gone up by 50c.. Makes no sense..
While on the way home from TPY library, i decided to drop by the cooffee shop near my house to get myself some prata. Oh GREAT. 2nd SURPRISE.. The price of my favourite prata had gone up by 10c. -____-|||
I guess.. This is just too much.. Everything is going up.. But my pocket money is still the same. *ARRRGGGHHHH*
By the way, the moon tonight is simply too beautiful.... :)
I dreamed @ Wednesday, August 29, 2007
_________________________________________________