Monday, September 21, 2009
Something happened today and it really set me thinking about what is going on in the Singapore Bus scene. People always comment that we are a very small group of people and we should actually stand together so that we can be united.
On the surface, it may seems that we are very close and united. But touch urself and ask yourself this question..
Are u really sure that we are what it seems to the outside ppl ?
I think the answer is usually a no.
Instead of being united, it seems to me that there is actually a very story inside the scene. What i see now is power struggle inside the scene. People fighting against each other tryin to be the so called "Leader" of the group. I find it very sad as people actually are doing all sorts of things to do that. I mean, what will u gain at the end of the day ? POwer ? Fame ? I would say maybe yes. But how about respect ? I would say no. Things that ppl do now only make me feel sick. 20+ year old young adults doing funny funny stuffs to gain popularity among the small community ?
Gone were the days where ppl do get together to really discuss things that related to buses or their life. What i see now is ppl getting into arguments trying to see who can take better photos. Who can get a "rare" shot of camoe buses. Who knows which driver driving on what routes. Who is able to get better "inside" news and the list will just go on.
This is just getting nowhere at all. It only make me feel that ppl are actually childish enough to get into this kind of small matters, going into great lengths trying to outdo one another.
If that is the case, i would like to post a question. What is the meaning of bus spotting to you ? What is going to happen in near future, i dare not think about it.
Mr_ZhiPing
I dreamed @ Monday, September 21, 2009
_________________________________________________